February 16, 2013 by combehavendefenders
The first meeting of the Grannie Action Group (see below) will take place on Friday 22nd February at 7pm at Rosamond´s house. Please email her on email@example.com for details.
The “Grannie Action Group” is open to older women – or women of any age who have grandchildren or step grandchildren – who want to actively oppose the Bexhill Hastings Link Road (BHLR).
Among other things this group would / could:
– create and plan actions, fund raise to cover the cost and manage our own press releases.
-join with others in front line direct action
– continue publicity stunts.
– provide food and equipment to future camps and direct action days
– offer transport, temporary storage space & temporary accommodation.
– set up food and equipment donation sites
– write or knit “strong” letters
– lobby the powerful
– make banners
– compile a Camp Protesters’ Cookbook
– create a calendar, each month featuring a Grannie Action.
Please pass this on to anyone you think will be interested but isn’t in the loop.
PS “The Grannie Tree” has gone international! An Italian magazine, the equivalent to Cosmopolitan, is going to publish it. And that was just a warm up!